Aeroseal is your SOLUTION
if a leaky duct system is your problem.
Leaky Ducts Contribute to:
- Loss of conditioned air to the outside or unconditioned spaces of your home
- Even the most energy-efficient heating and cooling systems are not performing at their best
- Forcing your system to work harder and wear out sooner, costing you more money
- Excess humidity levels that can lead to costly home repairs
- Hard to heat or cool rooms
Benefits of Aeroseal?
- Airtight savings: The money formerly leaking out of your ducts will stay in your pocket longer
- Airtight comfort: Your hard to heat or cool rooms will have more even temperatures and be more comfortable
- Improved air quality: You will see a reduction in dust and humidity, along with fumes and other odors
- Reaches everywhere: Seals leaks nearly impossible to reach using other methods
- You’ll be a small part of a bigger solution: a reduction in air pollution by using less energy
“This summer, with the extreme hot weather, has been a great example of just what Aeroseal is capable of. With the temperature outside between 90º-100º+, I have been enjoying a difference of only 1-2 degrees between the first and second floors. Couple that with a decrease in dust and an overall better air flow throughout my home, I would recommend Aeroseal to everyone.”
– Thornton Homeowner
How Does Aeroseal Work?
The Aeroseal 6-step process takes very little time to generate big savings and comfort
- Wall registers are covered in order for air to escape only through the leaks
- Sealant is injected into the ducts for less than one hour
- Small aerosol particles are kept suspended in the airflow by continuous air movement
- As the air stream makes a sharp turn to exit through a leak, the particles collide with and adhere to the leak edges
- Ducts are sealed with only 1-2 oz. of the sealant material
- A computer-generated analysis summarizing your home’s leakage reduction is generated, providing verification of success
In July, a Broomfield resident completed Aeroseal on their home.
Before Aeroseal, the home had 948 CFM of leakage, equivalent to a 179 square inch hole (or 568 refrigerators full of air loss every hour.) After we finished Aeroseal, the newly sealed ducts only showed 15.8 CFM of Leakage, equivalent to a 3 square inch hole. This corresponds to a:
98.3% reduction in duct leakage.
“A duct system that is properly sealed and insulated can make your home more comfortable, energy efficient, and safer.”
– United States Environmental Protection Agency
Are Leaking Ducts Costing You More than You Think?
Nearly 50% of the average home’s energy bill is spent on heating and air conditioning. Duct leakage in homes costs consumers $25 billion each year. On average, 30 cents of every $1 you spend on heating and cooling your home disappears into thin air due to leaky ducts. Leaks pull mold, dust and other pollutants into your home, presenting indoor air quality issues and creating and/or aggravating allergy problems. Leaks contribute to safety issues relating to backdrafting of gas appliance fumes and radon gas into your living space.
Serving Broomfield, Northglenn, Thornton, Brighton and surrounding Northern Denver residences, Local Choice Heating & Air invites you to learn more about Aeroseal duct sealing in your home.